Aims and objectives:
Thorough investigation into any workplace accident is necessary to help prevent recurrences and to demonstrate to enforcement authorities and others that appropriate remedial action has been or is being taken.This one-day accident investigation training workshop will enable delegates to identify the root causes of accidents and make quality recommendations in order to prevent recurrences. It also explores interviewing techniques and reporting requirements. Intended for:
This course will be valuable for health and safety advisers/officers, safety representatives, managers, supervisors or anyone with responsibility for investigating accidents. The topics covered on this accident investigation training course can be applied to any sector.
Why choose this course?
Candidates will learn these Key topics in the Accident Investigation course:
• Legal requirements for accident investigation and control
• Accident reporting requirements and procedures
• Accident causation theory, identifying root causes of accidents
• Collecting and analysing information
• Interview techniques taking statements from witnesses
• Recommending and implementing preventative measures
• Disclosure of information
• Securing remedial action
• Monitoring and review
• Case studies
Multiple Choice Questionnaire and a successful completion certificate.
Duration: 1 Day