COSHH Awareness & Risk Assessment
Aims and objectives:
This course is designed to give delegates an understanding of the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations, the skills to understand hazardous substance terminology, how to understand MSDS and to assess substance risks (COSHH Assessments) within their workplace and how to complete Risk Assessments in accordance with the COSHH Health Regulations.
Anyone who is responsible for carrying out COSHH risk assessment within the workplace.
Why choose this course?
This course will teach you to assess substance risks using the latest training methods and practical mock risk assessments. Sample assessments, course notes and HSE Guidance IND(G) 136 will be provided for all delegates
• Competence and recognizing limitations
• The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations
• Associated legislation and how they work together (DSEAR, REACH, MHSAWR, CPL)
• Health hazards, MDSD and Risk Phases
• International hazard symbols
• Preventing harm from substances (Risk Assessment)
• Control measures and the hierarchy of controls
• Maintaining control measures
• Information, instruction and training for employees
• Monitoring and health surveillance
• Emergency planning
• Keeping records.
Multiple Choice Questionnaire and a successful completion certificate.
Duration: Half a Day