Aims and objectives:
To provide clear information of all current legislation BS7121 and LOLER, codes of practice and guidance notes associated with the safe use of cranes and lifting gear during lifting operations, ensuring the implementation of a safe system of work as laid out in the method statement.
The course is aimed at candidates using cranes as part of their job role.
Why choose this course?
The key skills the candidate will have from this course are as follows:
• The legal framework LOLER, PUWER and HASWA 1974
• Role and responsibilities of the lifting team
• Understanding of duty charts
• The provision of properly trained personnel
• The maintenance, examination and, where necessary, testing of cranes and equipment
• The adequate supervision by properly trained and competent personnel
• Checking test certificates and other relevant documentation
• Extracting information from risk assessments and method
statements for lifting operations
• Site preparation, erection and dismantling of cranes
• Communications during lifting operations
• Slinger/signaller training
• Safe use of lifting accessories
Multiple Choice Questionnaire and a successful completion certificate.
Duration: 1 Day